Are you afraid of spiders? Do you want to get rid of the ones in your house? What you need to do is take measures for spider control. If you are not aware of what measures can be taken, here are a few pointers to get you acquainted with the same pest control auckland.
Before proceeding with any measures for spider control it is important that you
* Do a quick inspection of the premises to zero down on areas where spiders are hiding.
* Wear proper clothing that will cover all parts of your body, wear long gloves and a face mask if possible.
Spider control requires a combination of both non-chemical and chemical measures.
* Non-chemical measures include:
1. Sanitation – Spiders are mostly found in places or things that are not disturbed over a long period of time. So,
– Thick vegetation and tall grass should be cut on a regular basis.
– Discard all unwanted and waste material to avoid clutter.
– Remove stacked piles of wood or debris away from the premises.
2. Removal – With the help of a vacuum cleaner all spiders, webs and egg sacs need to be removed. Ensure you remove the vacuum bag immediately after vacuuming and empty it properly into a plastic bag. Seal the bag and dispose it in an outdoor garbage receptacle.
3. Preventive measures – All cracks, holes should be blocked with caulk of fine wire mesh. All vents should contain tight-fitting screens.
* Chemical measures include:
1. Exterior treatment – Before sealing any cracks and crevices you need to treat the gap with pesticides so that spiders do not enter again.
2. Dust application – A dust chemical can be used to remove infestations from areas that cannot be reached. Such places can either be the attics, basements and window sills.
3. Sprays – Non-residual aerosol insecticides can be sprayed on spiders as soon as you see them. This will kill them immediately.
4. Liquid treatments – A liquid residual can be sprayed in corners, under furniture and behind stored items to kill spiders.
Since non-chemical measures are limited and chemical measures dangerous, it is best not to do it on your own. Hire pest control specialists to do the job for you. This leaves out any chances of mistakes. For effective spider control, Denver residents can visit Ace Pest Control for superior quality services at affordable rates.